Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Chicken

On my Sunday morning run, in the rain, I saw a chicken - well, it was actually a rooster. I run in a neighborhood of $200-$500K+ homes, subdivisions which all have restrictive neighborhood covenants. Certainly, these covenants prohibit the keeping of livestock - I know my neighborhood covenants do - and we're a bit more lenient than the rest of Towne Lake.

Nonetheless, I'm running down the sidewalk, when I am confronted by a rooster - just standing there, pecking at the ground occasionally. It looked kind of like the one here on the page. And so I stopped to look. Cars were whizzing by on the divided four-lane road. Some staring at the crazy runner by the side of the road talking to the rooster. I started to walk - the rooster followed! I made a rooster talking sound - and the rooster responded (cock-a-doodle-dooooooooo!) Just like that!

At that point, I said to myself, "This is ridiculous." I started running and looked back expecting to see the bird trotting along behind me (Like the Jurassic Park T-Rex - "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear"), but he was gone.

I explained this story to my family when I returned home, and all they could say was "Sure, Dad - whatever." I don't think they believed me.

Weight 259
How I feel 7/10
How I ate 8/10

No comments: